Worcester, Mass.-The Rhode Island College women's tennis team remained undefeated on the season with an 8-1 victory against Clark in a non-conference contest on the road on Tuesday afternoon.
Clark 1, Rhode Island College 8
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Junior Katherine Braganca (Pawtucket, RI) picked up a pair of wins on the day, including a (6-3, 6-2) win over freshman Elizabeth Tchantouridze (Northfield, CT) at the No. 3 singles spot to clinch the match for the Anchorwomen. Braganca also teamed with senior Isabella Romeo (Greenville, RI) for an 8-3 win against Clark sophomore Anna Gates (North Scituate, RI) and Tchantouridze at No. 2 doubles.
• RIC senior Dayna Reilly (Swansea, MA) and freshman Emily Orticerio (Smithfield, RI) posted a hard fought 9-8 (8-6) victory against freshman Jillian Skulsky (Marshfield, MA) and senior Isabelle Long (Bellevue, WA) at No. 1 doubles.
• The Anchorwomen's No. 3 doubles team of freshmen Victoria Vittori (New Bedford, MA) and Grace Zangari (Saunderstown, RI) upended junior Maggie Tarbox (Lebanon, CT) and sophomore Chloe Dunnell (Montclair, NJ) by a score of 8-2 to complete the doubles sweep for RIC.
• Reilly picked up her second win of the afternoon with a (6-2, 6-2) win over Long at No. 1 singles. Zangari also recorded her second win of the day with a (6-3, 6-4) win against Gates at No. 2 singles.
• Freshman Hailey Raskob (North Smithfield, RI) had a (6-0, 6-1) win over freshman Elizabeth Garfield (Cape Elizabeth, ME) at the No. 4 singles spot and freshman Laurel Ten Eyck (Warwick, RI) won (6-1, 6-2) vs. sophomore Kathryn Benson (Huston, MA) at No. 5 singles.
• Tarbox notched the lone point of the afternoon for Clark with a (7-5, 2-6, 10-8) win against RIC freshman Serena Bobola (Cranston, RI) at the No. 6 spot.
In upcoming action, Rhode Island College will travel to Eastern Nazarene for a non-conference contest on Thursday, Sept. 14 (3:30 p.m.).