PLATTSBURGH, N.Y. – Seniors Nina Schaefer (Lafayette/Lafayette) and Jackie Dufresne (Lake View/Frontier) each tallied six goals, while fellow senior Kendall Skuse (Churchville/Churchville-Chili) finished with a game-high eight assists to lead Buffalo State to a 19-6 victory over host Plattsburgh in today's season finale.
FINAL SCORE: Buffalo State – 19, Plattsburgh – 6
LOCATION: Field House Complex - Plattsburgh, N.Y.
RECORDS: Buffalo State (7-9/3-6), Plattsburgh (2-15/0-9)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Schaefer scored six goals on nine shots to go along with two assists, while Dufresne added an assist and seven draw controls.
- Skuse chipped in three goals to finish with a game-high 11 points.
- Mary Musialowski (Lancaster/Sacred Heart) added two goals and an assist, while Tori Debbins (Lancaster/Lancaster) and Liz Schultheis (Brockport/Brockport) also scored.
- Hannah Nagowski (Lancaster/Lancaster) tallied four assists, four draw controls, three ground balls and three caused turnovers.
- Buffalo State opened the scoring early with a goal just 26 seconds into the contest.
- After Plattsburgh scored to cut the deficit to 2-1 with 22:57 left in the first half, the Bengals closed the half by scoring seven of next 10 goals to take a 9-4 lead into intermission.
- Buffalo State continued its momentum by scoring the first three goal of the second half to take a 12-4 lead with 24:53 left in the contest.
- The Cardinals tacked on its fifth goal with 23:48 left, but failed to maintain its run as the Bengals scored seven-unanswered and never looked back.
- Janae Nelson (Elmont/Elmont Memorial) finished with nine saves in net for Buffalo State.
- The Bengals held a 23-15 shots on goal advantage while finishing 17-20 on clear attempts.
- Plattsburgh forced 22 Buffalo State turnovers but could not overcome a 17-10 disadvantage in draw controls.
FOR THE FOES
- Allie Vangas and Emily Caoili each scored twice to pace the Cardinals
- Alexa Cassidy made four saves in the net for Plattsburgh.
- With eight points today, Nina Schaefer finishes 10th in program history with 144 career points (112 goals and 32 assists).
- Kendall Skuse, who tallied 11 points today, finishes 13th in program history with 126 points (51 goals and 75 assists) in only two seasons, while Jackie Dufresne finishes 15th with 114 career points (92 goals and 22 assists).